Thursday, May 22

Return from iCitizen

Below is a video from Mark Hillman of an apparent 'conference crasher' trying to take it all in at iCitizen. I think it's an excellent observation. We must always assume that not everyone in the world knows what we know.

iCitizen Video from Mark Hillman on Vimeo.

One of my favorite quotes came from Doc Searls (Harvard Fellow at the Berkman Center, Coauthor, The Cluetrain Manifesto). It is the condensation of what is problematic with many corporations and their relation to customers. He poked at them for saying they want to "own the customer. Another term for owning humans? Slavery?" Why does business we talk that way? Because they're too busy talking to themselves and not the customers.

Again, I was so lucky to attend and meet the amazing people there. Kelly Mooney, Nita Rollins, Phd., and "Kramer the Rockstar." I learned a lot and it stimulated me to grow. Isn't that what it's all about? I'll talk about it on my radio show this weekend. Thanks to everyone there, I only wish I could have spoken to more attendees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is awaiting moderation - thank you for stopping by!