Tuesday, February 19

Take Control of Your Google+ Calendar Events

Does your phone (tablet or computer) ever notify you of a meeting when you don't expect it? Yea, me too. Then I open my Google calendar only to find I have been invited to an "event" - hosted by someone I don't know - in a far away time zone.
Mind you, I enjoy being invited to events that are relevant to my work, but the Google+ invitations are more than invitations. Just about anyone, even if you are not in their circles (or they in yours) can reserve space on your personal calendar.
The settings to prevent this are not obvious (one would think you'd find them under the Calender tab, but no), so I thought I'd share...
  1. Go to your Google calendar https://www.google.com/calendar/render?tab=mc
  2. On the far right of the calendar, you will see a cog icon next to the word More. Clicking the cog will open a drop-down menu
  3. Scroll down the page until you find the following words"Show events you have declined" as shown below
  4. Gcalender
  5. Click your mouse in the three radio buttons indicated in my screen shot. In essence, what this does is by selecting no, you will no longer see any events on your personal calendar except for those to which you've responded yes.
That should do it. From now on only the events you see will be the ones you put on your calendar. Note that if you share your calendar, others who see your calendar will see those events.

Thanks to +Kelly Lux  for inspiring this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is awaiting moderation - thank you for stopping by!