- Parcel Post® is now called Standard Post and is ONLY available at the retail counter. (Parcel Select is a comparable mail class for Endicia customers)
- First-Class Mail International Parcel is now called First Class Package International Service.
- International Electronic USPS Delivery Confirmation® will now be available, and FREE, for First-Class Package International Service and select Priority Mail International packages (only on shipments to Canada, 19 countries to be added in April 2013)
- Express Mail International Flat Rate Envelope weight limit has been reduced from 20 lbs to 4 lbs
- Express Mail International now includes the first $200 of USPS insurance
- Optional expedited delivery of USPS packaging is available for $2.50
- Commercial Base discounts are growing in 2013.
- First-Class Mail 1 ounce stamp is increasing by $0.01 to $0.46.
Small business gets commercial base discounts on shipping when they use electronic postage for their shipments. I use Dymo Endicia's Dazzle software and they have given me a discount link for my readers. Click here for a code for a free 60 day trial.Note that the USPS receives no tax dollars for operating expenses and relies on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations.