Our customers all want free shipping but the latest pricing for the USPS may force you to raise your product selling prices. What do these new postage rates mean for your online business (besides higher prices)?
- Flat Rate Priority Mail envelopes stay the same price as in 2013
- Reduced minimum volume requirement for Priority Mail high volume discounts (CPP and CPP Cubic)
- New Zone 9 created for the Freely Associated States of Micronesia, Marshall Islands, and Palau
- No Commercial price increase for First-Class Package International Service
- Electronic USPS Tracking International Service expanding to additional countries
- New $0.01 discount for First-Class Mail Letters (up to 3.5 oz.) when PC Postage or Meters are used
They also came up with this spiffy infographic; comparing average package prices between USPS, FedEx and UPS rates.
Click image to see a larger version
Shipping Battles 2014: Price Change Comparison Charts - USPS vs. FedEx vs. UPS via Endicia