On the heels of my last post about the Puppy Bowl - thought you'd like to see a preview of half-time!
Featuring fan favorites like the Water Bowl Cam, tail-gating fans, and the Ice Breakers blimp, this year's big game is sure to be a tail-wagger.
- Fifty-eight canine athletes will face off in a miniature stadium filled with chew toys, water bowls and mini footballs.
- Puppy Bowl competitors are no more than 10 weeks old (but what they lack in experience, they make up for in enthusiasm) and are rescues. According to the International Business Times most have been adopted by the time the show airs.
- Live tweeting the play-by-play action for this years Puppy Bowl will be @MeepTheBird.
- The ever-popular Kitty Half-Time show is back with 20 kittens dancing and playing with lights, laser pens, balls of yarn, a scratching posts and more.
- Hamming it up will be 5 piglet cheerleaders: the "Piggy Pep Squad".
- The infamous hamster crew will fly over the Puppy Bowl in a Goodyear-style blimp to get the best live-action shots.
- The show is filmed in a mini stadium that is 19 feet long and 10 feet wide.
- It takes about 3 three days to film and generates over 50 hours of unedited footage. Almost 30 staffers produce the show.
- Unlike the Super Bowl XLVI, the Puppy Bowl will not be live. It is filmed in advance a few months prior to airing.
Don't miss it! Tune in Sunday, Feb. 5, beginning at 3 PM E/P! Visit the Puppy Bowl site for more breaking news!